A Virtual Project Management Office (VPM Office) is responsible for approving and managing project tasks for a business that is located remotely or in or
around the same city, state/province or country.
The VPM Office has visibility into current project budgets, timelines and resources as well as project calendars to determine current workload and time available for new and future projects.
Some of the tasks that will fall under the VPM Office include but are not limited to:
- Entering and managing client and project details into the Customer Relationships Management (CRM) database
- Reviewing and approving the project management plan
- Verifying resource availability
- Notifying team members of upcoming projects
- Setting project dates and milestones
- Maintaining the project calendar
- Following-up on deadlines and deliverables
- Tracking all project communications
- Closing projects, conducting project assessments and delivering project files to client